Thread: Impact drivers
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2019, 09:26 PM

Professionally, I see Milwaukee and Dewalt on my residential construction job sites almost exclusively. Probably more Milwaukee than Dewalt for battery drivers.

As a home user I just buy whatever well reviewed model I can get the best deal on. For periodic use I think any product from the major brands is going to be fine. There are units that will be lemons, but that will be apparent within any of the warranty periods. It is the all day, day after day use cases where one might end up being better than the other. The amount of use an average hobby/home user puts on the tool during ownership might be equivalent to what a tradesperson would do in the average week.

I own various types of drivers from Bosch, Makita, and Dewalt, but the ones that get by far the most use are the Bosch 12V Max drill and driver two piece set. Compact, light, ergonomic, powerful enough for most anything. I do use a more powerful Makita impact driver for certain tasks like driving timberloks or messing with some automotive stuff, but 4 out of 5 times I’m grabbing the bag with the Bosch 12V.