View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 08:16 PM

If a motorist thinks a bicycle's speed is the reason he didn't see the bicycle or mis-judged the speed and turned into the bicycle can he still use that reason for a motorcycle?

Dumb motorists ignore pedestrians, bicycles, motorcycles because they don't actually look for any movement but rather a very subjective choice of looking only for movement of autos and trucks.

Then, when they (at least a big portion of "them") see the bicyclist violate rules of the road they prefer to have little respect for them as punishment. Or, at least this attitude has been revealed to me by non-cycling people in friendly, and not so friendly, debates.

Recently, I rolled through a stop sign on my bike making a right turn with no traffic left or right of me and the guy riding my tail in a pickup knows I going to roll the stop so he follows me through while staying less than 10 feet on my a**. Just because I can do this and stay in the shoulder must give him justification to do the same even though he uses the entire lane. ***!