Thread: OT: "Cats"
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2019, 09:02 AM
50 bpm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
Wow.

I grew up in a musical theater family. My mom & dad met performing musical theater in college circa 1956. (My dad's best advice to me ever, when I was 14 years old, which I remember verbatim, was "you should get involved in musical theater; it's a great way to meet chicks." He was right.) They still perform regularly in a song&dance troupe that they co-founded. In addition to all the music performing I've done more-or-less continuously since I was 8 years old (and 20+ years professionally) I've been involved in musical theater since 1975. My wife was a professional musical theater singer/dancer from age 5 through 35, with several national and international tours under her belt. (In fact, we met doing the European tour of Jesus Christ Superstar in 1988.)

So to say that musical theater is in my blood would be an understatement.

And yet...

I saw "Cats" on Broadway...once.
And that was once too many.

My hat's off to you sir.
Our daughter is a huge fan, and I kept coming up with the short straw.

AFA "Superstar" and your history, I am in awe. Not the least of which because you met your wife on those boards!

(Aside: I tried to sell Really Useful Productions on a book about JSC's 50th anniversary and the lasting impression it made. We went back and forth a couple of times before they said no thanks. What I would have given to interview Lloyd Webber and Rice, and to talk with originals like Ian Gillan and Ben Vereen!)