View Single Post
Old 04-18-2024, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
As much as I don't like Pep and his club, it feels like they were hard done. I never liked the one goal away-goal rule, but its complete removal seems like the other end of things.

Feels like a two+ away goal advantage might be a more fair way of doing things, and if a two-legged match is still tied at the beginning of AET, goals scored in AET shouldnt count toward away goals.

So say 3-3 and 1-1 are the two games of the two-legged tie, the team scoring 3 away goals in the first match wins, no AET needed.

But if it were 3-3 and 2-2, game goes to AET and no away goal rule applies.

Technically only 0:1

Man Sheikhy lost to European Royalty, not to a 50+1 club.
So what is the difference between a "50+1" Bayern and Real Madrid? Their ownership structures are more similar than not, and both have illustrious histories in Europe. Score 2 for the traditional clubs.

I'm going the other way on the away goals rule. If two clubs draw two 90 minute matches I really don't care what the scores are as they were clearly equal home and away. If Vinicius could actually finish, we wouldn't even be having this discussion as it would've been more like 5-3 after the first leg.