View Single Post
Old 07-12-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashUNC View Post
I doubt CP3 stays long. He doesn't fit their timeline or the fact that SGA looked like, at points, the best player on the floor for an 8 seed that gave the Warriors all they could handle (and would portend what was coming in Oakland, sadly). And the guy is of legal drinking age in the US as of today.

As Zach Lowe pointed out, one of the secret possible losers in this deal is, sigh, the Hawks. That 2022 pick they received as part of the Melo/Schroder deal is lottery protected. If the Thunder are bad, this reverts to two second round picks.

Sigh...

Full credit to Presti though. I've never seen a team do this before as effectively or as quickly.

And minor topic drift: But can we discuss Grayson Allen as the biggest goon in the NBA? Two flagrant 1s including obvious headhunting in the span of 8 seconds to get tossed from a Summer League game? Where, if Grant Williams was a less kind and more aggressive human being, would have ripped Grayson's arms off?
I'm 75% sure that CP3 gets moved for the reasons you mentioned. I'm 30% sure that Adams gets moved, and 100% sure that if neither of those things happens, that PPat or some other deep bench guy gets moved to get under the tax.

Sam Presti has done a masterful job here, and there's no reason to think he's finished. I'm excited for the SGA-Adams-Gallo Thunder! Actually more excited than I would have been to watch Russ (whom I love) and PG run it back for another 49 wins, a 5 seed and a first round exit.

Grayson is either a younger version of Ted Cruz or the reincarnated Zodiac Killer, so his goonery isn't too surprising. Nor is it surprising that Coach K enabled that bull**** for 4 years at Duke.