View Single Post
Old 01-13-2018, 07:29 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sales guy View Post
Correct Peter. It's wireless for the shifters and only has a small amount of wiring exposed to the front and rear derailleur. I would bet most of the damage to EPS or Di2 is to the wires around the headtube area. Especially during shipping. And it means a ton of extra routing of wires. This has just two wires.
I personally think hard wiring the ders is a great 'compromise'. They take the most juice, and reduces batteries to one and 'protects' it as well. BUT I really don't think the wiring of di2 or EPS is any big deal..setup is certainly easier but functionally, after put together..wired or wireless really means nada.

I think the next gig with shimano and electronic is a 'smart' front der ala XTR..with one shifter(rear) and a programed front der w/o a shifter. Wireless? I don;t see it from shimano or Campag. Neither see any advantage except for setup..and I doubt they care much about that. Particularly shimano. If they don't see the 'advantage' they don't do it..carbon cranks, BB30 cranks, a good example.

BUT seeing some of the 2018 pro tour bikes with hydro disc setups with internal hydro lines..bet the wrench-force are 'lovin' that...

Everything inside..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-bmc-slr01-disc-team-red.jpg (70.6 KB, 195 views)