View Single Post
Old 01-05-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Hey Jason -

Just clicked on the link. Interesting. But as a CPT, I do have some comments.

1) I agree with the severe calories restriction. A sure-fire recipe for disaster. Pun intended. That will never work. Our bodies are just not wired for long-term negation.

2) I have a big problem with the cardio component. I see this a lot from various sources (Mark Sisson of the "Primal Blueprint" is a prime example) and I don't buy it. Primarily because it equates movement solely for aesthetics. I've never done a century ride (or even a 10 mile ride) for fat loss. I've done it for the sheer pleasure of cycling. Under the guidelines espoused by the article, that type of riding is verboten. Again, I don't buy it. Cardiovascular endurance is one of the surest barometers of health and fitness. And cycling is fun.

3) Too many people get injured by using an inappropriate amount of weight. If your core muscles can't sustain a one minute plank with good form, you should not be messing around with a bunch of weight.

Lastly, and this is a big one, the example of a "good physique" (the really ripped dude) is utter bull****. That's completely unrealistic for most people. I understand the marketing side of things, but for a healthy and attainable goal, that is pure nonsense.

Respectfully,

XX
Thanks for the reply XX. As a CPT do you see a difference in your clients when they do LISS or HIIT if the goal is to build (or at least preserve) muscle mass? My goal for this PL challenge is to preserve what mass I have and so I'm trying to avoid going catabolic whenever possible.

Thanks, Jason