View Single Post
Old 12-14-2004, 02:27 PM
the antiviper

* real name: David. And my last name starts with an "S". That's all you're getting.
* where do you live? Boston. Dorchester, to be exact. 16 years in the same place.
* explanation of your handle:David. And my last name starts with an "S". That's all you're getting. Is there an echo in here?
* explanation of your avatar: It's a Steel Axiom. Not my Steel Axiom, but close enough...
* age (general or specific): 44
* favorite bike: My next one. (I stole this excellent answer from dirtdigger. Thank you!)
* what's in your stable? a 1999 Seven Steel Axiom, a 2001 Klein Adept (with hardly an orginal part left), and a late-90s Fisher Tassajara, now set up for commuting and general heavy-duty city riding.
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? Right around 50 mph, on a parkway hill near my mom's house in Cleveland this March. The temperature was just above freezing, and so was I!
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? Around 2,500, if you don't count the tedious miles on my trainer all winter long.
* picture of yourself or your ride? The Seven The Klein. No pics of the Fisher. You're not missing too much.
* make up and answer at least one additional question.Three of the eight bikes I've owned as an adult have been stolen. Only one was my fault.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told? I better not take this question too seriously. Umm. "No, I'm not a virgin!"
* and, something fun. I am a big fan of, and very knowledgable about, Rock and Roll. I believe the three greatest rock bands were the Beatles, the Velvet Underground, and the Clash. All my esthetic judgements (which are correct, by the way!) can be traced back to that statement.