View Single Post
Old 12-13-2004, 10:14 AM

Okay... but this is against my better judgement

* real name, if you like: Kevan - pronounced as “Kev-in”, unless for emphasis you choose “Ke-VAN” - ; also answers to “Kev”, “Calfee-boy”, “Stud-Muffin” (Sandy persists!).
* where do you live? Chappaqua NY (I was here before the Clinton’s. Yup, they walk down the street, making nice with the natives.)
* explanation of your handle: My parents can’t spell?
* explanation of your avatar: Hey, one thing at a time… I’m lucky to avacar!
* age (general or specific): permanently fixed now at 39. Okay, forty-nine and soon to be fif…fi…f… in February.
* occupation: Sr. Internal Auditor for an energy trading firm. No… not Enron!
* favorite bike: The one I hold in my mind and lust over. Vanilla, red, lugged. Cold showers don’t help.
* what's in your stable? Calfee Luna
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 50+mph many places and times, looking still for the 60 mark; on the flats - it depends on who has joined the party, but if the mojo’s right, mid-30’s has been whistled. I love reading the faces of cyclists going the other direction.
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? I usually cap out around 2.500-3,000 miles in a season, but this one broke the 3k mark. Otherwise, without a computer I can’t be anymore precise.
* picture of yourself or your ride? Oh, haven’t you been subjected to enough already?
* make up and answer at least one additional question: Where are we going? Boy, I wish I had the answer to that one. I hope for everyone’s sake it comes 4 years from now. In the meantime, I’ll do my best to keep “hope” burning, continue to be cordial to both friend and stranger, and help mother Earth keep us alive.
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: How badly I want Sandy.
* and, something fun: A beautiful weekend day that includes a hard and fast paced 50-70 mile ride with my buddies, a 30 minute power nap, a nice dinner out with she who must be obeyed, and attending a movie or party with friends or family. That still leaves me with Sunday, don’t it!
||O,
|| \_/\_
--"----------"'---''-----'---''-------'---

Last edited by Kevan; 12-13-2004 at 10:18 AM.