View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 04:40 PM

* where do you live? Fairfax Station, VA
* explanation of your handle: USAF Academy cadets and graduates are called "Zoomies" among other things; graduated in 1980, first class with women.
* explanation of your avatar: looks like a quick project when I go on vacation for the holidays
* age (general or specific): 46
* favorite bike: my '03 Legend
* what's in your stable? the Legend; '91 Davidson Impulse; '91 Specialized Stumpjumper Comp; '86 Trek 700
* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 62mph, on the Trek during the Hardscrabble Century in 1988, going down Hwy 50 by Royal Gorge to Canon City
* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 2000 miles; 500 more than last year!
* picture of yourself or your ride? see attachment--2004 Seagull Century
* make up and answer at least one additional question. What's your favorite cycling memory? The bicycle vacation in the Bordeaux region France that my wife and I took in 1993--incredible sights, great people, fantastic food--rode about 50-60 miles a day--total fun and relaxation. Still the best vacation ever!
* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: "Oh, the Ksyriums?...they were the cheapest wheels I could find"
* and, something fun: I took our Cubs Scout Pack on a bike ride around one of our local lakes (Burke Lake)...approx 4.5 miles. We had a dieverse range of kids...ages ranged 7-11 years old. We started with a quick safety check (bikes, helmets) and a chat about "riding etiquette". The kids and their parents absolutely loved the ride!