View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickdoc View Post
Day one update: picked up my Tesla Y rental today at SFO.

Drove to nearest in n out first ( sorry, but it is my traditional first stop when visiting the left coast), then straight to Santa Rosa.

Found the nearest supercharger and backed in with about 10 others. Car was 97% when I picked it up and here is a pic of it when I plugged it in. 99mi drained it to 60ish% and it took about 30 min to get it back to about 85%. Cost of charge was less than $12.

First thoughts are it is a little loud at speed, has a few nvh issues, and navigating the touchscreen is a pain when driving, but I’m sure I could adapt to it. Seats are comfortable. Interior is pleasant. View out the front is Great, view out the back is dismal. Instantaneous Speed is fun but strangely boring.

We’ll see how we get along for the rest of the week.
]
Pro tip - somewhere on the control panel, set it so when the turn signal is on it shows the pillar camera on that side to check your blind spot. Use voice commands by pushing once on the right scroll wheel (wipers off, set temp to, defrost on, etc.) so you don’t have to use the touch screen as much. The auto wipers sometimes get carried away and I have to tell them to stop.

Have a fun trip!