View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 07:18 PM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd View Post
Yes I definitely agree that Pegs have the upper hand in that respect. At the same time, I don't see how they were skimping out too much on the CAAD10 (to me the pinnacle of CAADs) from a performance perspective. If I'm not mistaken, those frames were built with tubes as thin as was reasonable on a race bike, and from my limited research, there is very little change from switching to a different aluminum alloy (save for going for scandium but Peg doesn't do that either). So most of the cost saving I can only imagine went to attention to detail (creaky bottom bracket much, Cannondale?) and those sweet Peg paint jobs, neither of which should affect performance.

The one place where I fully believe there should be a significant difference due to cost-cutting is in the forks. I would expect a Falz to ride noticeably better that a Caad fork, and that does play an outsized role in how a bike feels, but at that point we're talking carbon rather than alu.
I think we need someone trustworthy that has ridden both. I wish I had experience with a CAAD but I don't but my Rock Lobster was the best road bike I have ever had and I had a lot of them