Thread: Jobst stories
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourflys View Post
Here's the thing, you can be educational to people without being a d*ck.. but all too often, folks (esp in forums) think they have to beat their chest and declare "I'm right and you're an idiot if you don't agree with me!".. (and I'm sure I've done that as well BTW, on here probably)

I know nothing about how this guy interacted with folks, but as soon as someone starts to come off with a " I know way more than you and my way is the best way" attitude, most people will tune out and the message will never be heard.. and then you're talking just to hear yourself talk..

You're right, you never did interact with Brandt. If you asked questions, or said, "I don't know", or "this is what I've heard", he would be patient and cordial. But when someone made an erroneous assertion and boasted that it was true (especially if it had already been disproven), that's when Brandt would lower the boom. Brandt wasn't always right - but more often than not he was. If he said something, you'd be wise to strongly consider it.

Someone who simply doesn't know something isn't a fool - a fool is someone who has been shown evidence that disproves their belief but believes it anyway. That's who I was referring to when I said that Brand didn't suffer fools gladly. I'm sure Brandt knew that we wouldn't change the mind of the fool - he just wanted to make sure that the fool didn't mislead others.