View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying View Post
Yes I was once put on Metoprolol & it was the same. Took it twice & gave it up. My resting heart rate is too low for such things

I had an ablation back in 2012 & like you it pretty much cured the long events. Just short ones after that that end quickly. But now I am having these spikes...
probably hundreds a day. I am not on anything but am seeing a cardiologist about them, As they are mainly psvt it is not critical. But I wondered about that pill in pocket as a means to reset as it were.

Last time I had these they lasted a month

I know many who have had an ablation later need another. Will see how this goes.
It is actually not bad more like a shiver is all you feel. Not like the old days when it would run for hours then need an adenosine shot at teh ER to stop them

But it is disturbing to see on my heart monitor a blast to 200 bpm I know it is not real beats but a shortcut/pathway but still disturbing
I had 2 ablations back in 2011 and for the most part I have been in sinus rhythm. I have had 2 episodes that lasted a couple days ( on and off episodes on those days ).

What worked for me was the pill in the pocket method. I took lots of Flecanide and a smaller amount of Metropolol and voila, cleared it up within an hour.

Cross fingers this doesn’t happen again…oh, both of these times occurred during very stressful times in my life, for what that’s worth.

Good luck!!!