View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 09:29 AM
ZhugeLiang

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonification View Post
Just thought I'd share..over the Christmas break I finally bit the bullet and started putting wood pieces together (all scrap!). Overall pleased!
That's a good start Jason pal. As good as any, especially as your first attempt. As you go along, you will figure out more. It doesn't have to be perfect the first time. In fact, what works for me might not work for you because we have different working style, constraints, habits, preference, OCD range... it's important that you figure it out on your own and find your own path, ask questions, do your research by all means, but understand it takes time and experience. It will take some time, a few trial and error, don't be afraid to make changes as you go along Just remember this, a working area is just that, a place to work... not for show, not to look at, not for display... same as bike, don't be that sucker that spends an inordinate amount of time and money building the perfect bike and then turn around to list it on the classifieds after three months with less than 500 miles...

I love wrenching. I am not very good at it but I love doing it after more than 30+ years, it gives me equal amount of pleasure as riding. We are having a weather event here in Austin over the last couple of days, so I was using the downtime to clean up, re-organize my work space in the garage. It's an ongoing process. Angry pal is right, the best thing you can do is improve the lighting condition. Get something from Costco.
https://www.costco.com/feit-electric...100777294.html
Good luck!

Last edited by weisan; 02-02-2023 at 09:45 AM.