View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeybanana86 View Post
LOL. Re: legs the article says "Everyone has been waiting for this." I don't know much about Meta but it looks like the Sims and I feel like they are the new Google Glass. Nice idea but poorly executed. I may be wrong but I'm not on FB.
This is really the tone of many naysayers around AI. But I'm afraid we have a bit of amnesia.

Remember the first video games? Atari, PacMan, etc. Now look. Just in our lifetimes we've gone from pixilated, very low bit-rate 2D games to immersive games like the Sandbox one. That's 40 years, without AI.

Remember the first mobile phone you had? The brick one? (the general audience, I too would have been too young to own one, a handful of years older than you, but remember them). How long did it take before the compact flip phone came about, and affordable for most? 15-odd years? Then how long until a phone could do virtually anything a PC could? Another 15-20 years?

My point is that tech does not follow a linear progression, it's exponential.

Zuck may be publicizing too much at fundamental stages of the tech. People want the science fiction in its most developed form, NOW- and like I said, there are only humans working on it. When the AI software is where they want it, humans will step back and let the AI all talk to each other and create, based off of the foundation of all the information in the universe. Your (monkeybanana)'s response of ambitious fear is probably the right one.

Last edited by carlucci1106; 02-02-2023 at 12:05 AM.