View Single Post
Old 02-01-2023, 03:51 PM

I just don’t see a lot of people in the USA that want to do things anymore. The dream of working hard and achieving your desires has become: I’m entitled to what I desire because I participate. Hard to imagine a vr/ar simulation even being desirable to people when they’d rather just ask chatgpt to tell them what happened while they scroll through social media influencer’s content.

There may be a moment for things like vr audience engagement, but how long will people be willing to pay for an on bike camera, or seat at a live performance, when some ai generated code could be written to mimic the same thing and in turn allow some form of control over outcomes? That’s when vr/ar experiences become free. That’s when the era of micro transactions hits and it’s, oh you want to hear the pit crew, that’s 99 cents, want to know the watts pulled up that hill, that’s just 99 cents, you want the rider to have a face tattoo, that’ll be 99 cents.

Maybe I’m wrong and the reliance that people have on technology will allow someone to put on a suit and head gear and feel a “ride” on a bike, but I somehow think it will be like that scene in back to the future with duck hunt when the kids say, “eww you have to use your hands!”.

Last edited by dustyrider; 02-01-2023 at 03:53 PM.