View Single Post
Old 01-30-2023, 06:28 PM
I need you cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbill View Post
Everett and Snohomish areas can be reasonable, and by reasonable, with a little searching you can stay under $500K for a home. Snohomish has the Centennial Trail which is a rail-trail. Paine Field has Alaskan Airlines so you can avoid the trip to Seatac if they have the flights you need. I was in Everett when I retired from the Navy and I enjoyed the area; it was just far enough north to avoid a lot of the Seattle negatives but still had everything I wanted. Sound Transit can get you and yours to Seattle if that's where you'll work.
I would stick with Shoreline, Edmonds, Woodway, Mukilteo before heading to Everett /Marysville/Snohomish....I grew up in Mukilteo so know the area well. Everett, north can be pretty sketchy...imho. There are some nice areas but you have to know where (along the Mukilteo Blvd is nice). Everett is a Navy town, and most the towns north are Boeing bedroom communities....some folks make the commute to Seattle cuz of heaper housing up north....traffic thru Everett is the worst....

Don't discount going east of Seattle (Bellevue, Mercer Island, Kirkland, Issaquah, Snoqualmie, etc.)...newer communities, so you have to look to avoid the cul-de-sac hell, but good schools, low crime and nice roads....

Last edited by Ozz; 01-30-2023 at 06:30 PM.