View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Why not try a WTB ad in the classifieds with what you are looking for specifically. You never know what will turn up?

Off the top of my head, I dont see anything about that particular bike that stands out from the sea of current all-road bikes, practically every manufacturer out there has a bike in this genre now. I bet with some direction from the forum members who are wiser in this area than me, you can find something nice to suit your needs.

OR

Beg your buddy to sell it back to you
I think begging might have to be the route I go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelican View Post
What size do you ride?

I think the closest thing is a Topstone alloy, from last year before they did the whole dropped seatstay design. I've got a brand new one in the classic Alpine Blue. It was a relatively affordable bike, and worthy of some upgrades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lavi View Post
Ya. The Cdale Topstone is pretty good. Depending on your size, I may have something for ya.

I have the "4". It's the lowest end. HOWEVER, the Microshift bits are really pretty good. I was pleasantly surprised. But the wheels, ya, stock crappola (that likely work just fine).
I actually had an alloy Topstone. Hated it. It was an absolute dog. For whatever reason the CAADX was a completely different ride experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregL View Post
If you can find one, the current model CAADX is (IMO) a good value at $1,875. It has a thru-axle rear wheel mount where IIRC the 2019 version still used a skewer.
Thanks, yep rear wheel skewer. That and the PF30 bb were the two reasons I used to convince myself to sell it. Dumb dumb dumb. I wish I liked the current Cannondale colorways but I honestly hate them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Ross View Post
You would think, right?
But when I was shopping for an all-road/gravel bike circa 2017-18, I did a ****-ton of research and had put together a huge spreadsheet of all the possible contenders, must've been over 20 different makes/model bikes on that list...and the CAADX wound up being the only one that checked off all my boxes.

Admittedly there are almost certainly even more options now in 2023. But a CAADX is quite possibly an outlier in that it can be so perfect for so many riders and yet isn't rare or hard to find.
Yep, you get it. It's one of those bikes whose sum is more than its parts. Hard to explain. But I would disagree on saying they're not rare. I can't seem to find them used anywhere. ebay has none in the current for sale listings, and ONE in the sold listings and it was the purple version.