View Single Post
Old 01-10-2023, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryScientist View Post
Have to admire their perseverance i suppose. Tough days to be a journalist of any sort. Well into my adulthood, i have neither the patience or risk tolerance for a career that might not work.

A paid subscription model probably makes sense for them. I agree that there is a ton of content out there, and much of it is just complete garbage and freelancers fighting for clicks, likes and eyeballs. If a subscriber is willing to pay for content, it is more likely they will actually read it since they are paying for it.

I'll be curious to see what becomes of this, and if the model will prove to be viable. I think it can work.
I suspect the reason this is being pursued as they have insider knowledge “under the hood” of CT1.0.

Ie they intimately know the subscriber numbers and feel pretty confident they can hit a number that will pay their bills.

If I was in their shoes, you can understand the motivation. It’s a job that they appear to be super passionate about. And at their point in life, you are talking career change and retraining.