View Single Post
Old 11-16-2022, 11:02 AM
Sunshine

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoonrobot View Post
High performers don't get shown the door. Just because you like something doesn't mean there's a business case for it to continue.

Buy in where these people go next, or contact them yourself and fund them directly. Working for a corporation in current year within the media and content generation space is asking for zero job security and poor ownership of [your] intellectual property.
My old company, where I worked for 18 years and left 10 months ago, just let 800 people go. I know 5 people who were high performers and they were let go. No drama, no infractions, all long tenured(all over 10 years) and all with consistent high performance and results. Gone.

I agree that just because I like something doesnt mean there is a business case for it to continue. And similarly, things I dislike continue in spite of my view.
Outside's absurd NFT venture is an example of the latter.

High performers are let go all the time across all markets and industries. Your claim simply isnt backed by actual reality. It sounds like it came out of a course in theoretical business.