Thread: Ot - usmnt
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by echappist View Post
I'm really glad to see Antonee Robinson do well. Rarely put a foot wrong when defending, and so very effective when he gets forward. A great story, concerning the heart issue that prevented his transfer to AC Milan. And that finish with his weaker foot; chef's kiss. If I ever buy a MNT jersey, I think it'll have either his name or that of Tyler Adams.
Amen. I am leaning towards Adams. Although Aaronson has a chance to work his way into the picture

Quote:
On the concerning side, Berlhalter has gotta stop the tinkering and just go with what's tried and true. John Brooks also looks a shell of his former self, despite playing well for Wolfsburg.
Well with 3 games, and a ridiculous amount of travel he had to tinker. Not to mention Weston Dumbass, Reyna & Dest being out. But yes Brooks has been bad and coming in to this he was counted on as a strength. It could be the travel. IT really could play havoc having to go 6 time zones to the US, down to El salvador, back to the US and back to Honduras in 10 days. That's brutal

Quote:
it's probably what we all expected, albeit the MNT did it the really difficult way.
Agreed I was expecting 5 - was hoping the 3 would be 3 against Canuckistan, to deprive a dangerous team of "bonus" points on the road. Next set of 3 include 2 at home I think.