Thread: Ot - usmnt
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2021, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo62 View Post
Whoa, a tad belated Rosh Hashana gift -- a second away goal!

It's pouring away goals!!
As bountiful as seeds of pomegranate, one might say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldo62 View Post
Will the real USMNT please stand up?
Is the real team the one that was lucky to escape the first half down 1-0 or the one that won the second half 4-0?
Obviously the latter.

Also really glad to see Lletget score the last goal. I still remember seeing him score one against Honduras at home, in 2017, only to suffer a serious injury as the result of a snide Honduras challenge. Took him months just to recover from injury, and I think the MNT could really have used his talents in 2017.

The kids are a-okay, one might say, and I'm really glad to see Antonee Robinson do well. Rarely put a foot wrong when defending, and so very effective when he gets forward. A great story, concerning the heart issue that prevented his transfer to AC Milan. And that finish with his weaker foot; chef's kiss. If I ever buy a MNT jersey, I think it'll have either his name or that of Tyler Adams.

On the concerning side, Berlhalter has gotta stop the tinkering and just go with what's tried and true. John Brooks also looks a shell of his former self, despite playing well for Wolfsburg. What in the world was he doing, pressing all the way up to the center circle? Also, I really hope Pulisic is okay...

I'm still not convinced about Berlhalter, but at least he learned to be proactive this time around, and the subs really changed the game.

First road win in qualifying since the campaign for the 2014 World Cup. With 5 points after three matches, it's probably what we all expected, albeit the MNT did it the really difficult way.