Thread: Ot - usmnt
View Single Post
Old 08-31-2021, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
To be fair, it plays to the USMNT's depth and against a lot of the CONCACAF teams who do not have the same depth. While I don't particularly think it makes for quality soccer, but it will be "interesting."

Antonio just announced playing for Jamaica. He's quality. It will be interesting if he can turn his WHU form for the Reggae Boyz.
He should be able to Hammer a few past the true minnows
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldar77 View Post
Isn't the three games in one break partially driven by a compressed schedule due to Covid?

I'm glad Berhalter, versus me, has to figure out how to rotate for 3 games where the two away games are sandwiched around an important game against Canada. I think it's a hard decision because playing on the road against motivated central american teams can be tricky. But winning home games is a must and Canada has been on the upswing and they get Davies back. I don't envy Dest trying to battle him all game and god help us it it is Yedlin. Although I guess he does have better speed than Dest.

And what of Pulisic and his covid recovery, send him to San Salvador or save him?
There’s Davies, and then there’s Davids. Both are quality, and Weah knows a thing or two about the latter.

As for Pulisic, bring him on as a sub against Canada. No need to rush him back early.

———————

ETA: i’m really glad that CBS went and bought the rights to the qualifiers, both home and away. Certainly makes it easier to follow the team.

Last edited by echappist; 08-31-2021 at 11:39 PM.