View Single Post
Old 01-19-2021, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72gmc View Post
I was a fan when he was at Michigan, in part because he played well enough to keep the true heartthrob of loony UM fans (Drew Henson) on the bench. It was entertaining to hear them wail for Drew while Tom won 10 of 11 games. Now, of course, they probably say they loved Tom all along.

Sports fans ...

I anticipate Rodgers will do what he’s been doing for years, and outplay Brady again.
I recently read the book Dynasty by Jeff Benedict all about the NE Patriots who were not my favorite team. Anyway he devotes a chapter to Tom Brady and his time at UM which pretty much confirms what you wrote. What I found interesting was that growing up in San Mateo, Ca he could have gone to Stanford or UCLA and been a starting freshman quarterback but rather choose to go to UM and sit on the bench for two years because he felt he could learn more, be challenged more and overall personal growth.

Interesting commentary by Adam Schein written on NFL.com in point #1 basically naming Aaron Rodgers current most talented QB and Tom Brady GOAT because of his successes:

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-divisio...-chiefs-in-tro

Last edited by alancw3; 01-19-2021 at 05:20 AM.