View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevencyclist View Post
Have Tesla X for close to three years. Works well and cheap to maintain. (free charging so no fuel/energy cost)

Very fast, but not too exciting in the dynamics of the drive.

It is a good battery energy demonstration, but as a car, it is not quite as premium as other luxury car brands in service and quality.

I would not prefer it for fun when I have a choice, but for cruising miles or when carrying passengers around, it gets the job done well.

We had a Nissan Leaf previously, and that felt flimsy. The range anxiety became an issue as the car aged. I still like internal combustion engine cars for fun factor.
I’m now at about 6.5 years with my Model S and I still absolutely love it. I had a Model X for a service loaner a couple of years ago and it was nice but prefer the Model S over that. I hit a deer recently and my car has been in the body shop for a month, just got it back today (yes it does take a long time to get body parts, not mechanical parts for general service tho) and I was so happy to get back in it. I hadn’t realized how much I’ve slipped into the routine and comfort of driving an electric car. I often commute 60 miles to work and actually had range anxiety in the gas car! I’m also hooked on the 17” screen.

From the pure personal economic and maybe convenience standpoint, a plug in hybrid makes the most sense. My wife has a plug in Prius, which gets about 10-12 mile BEV range. This gets her around town for errands without using gas, although it will very annoyingly run the gas engine for the heat and when, in general, the car thinks it needs to be warmed up. That being said, the Model S is the road trip car.