View Single Post
Old 11-20-2019, 04:07 PM

yes and yes
i bought mine earlier this year. it's a plug in hybrid so not a pure ev, but for practical (and tax credit) purposes, the same.
in the past, i'd fill up about 3 times a month. not because i drive a lot of miles, but because i sat in traffic so much. as it stands now, i can go indefinitely without refilling.

i installed a level 2 charging station and can recharge a depleted battery in a couple hours. tbh, i don't get the griping about installing the 220/240. people used to do this regularly in the home for appliances. but if it's for an ev, all of a sudden it's like a some big hurdle. it's just an outlet. if you sell the car and never use the 220 again, you'll have already used it 100x more than that guy who put one in for his compressor when he thought he'd 'need a workshop'. don't worry about the charging station. after it's done, you'll understand it's not a big deal.

i don't know what 'battery storage' is.

fwiw, i'm the only one in a group of friends who doesn't have a tesla in the driveway. and to a person, each one of them says the biggest drawback of a pure ev is that they cannot go off the "charging" grid on road trips. vegas? no problem. san diego, san francisco? tesla's got you covered. mojave desert? yeah, that's problem. but they all have (at least) a second driver and second car which they use in those instances.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paredown View Post

Now the question part--has anyone shopped for or purchased an EV recently--or come close and decided against it?

Has anyone taken the steps to add fast charging and/or battery storage at home?