View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmrt View Post
I have way too many bikes. To makes matters worse, I have way too many hobbies to even ride one bike. And even when I am on my latest and great Ti bike or the 13 lb carbon wunder machine, I get passed by people on 17% curves as if I am standing still. Yup, happened today (like is alomost always happens). Guy FLEW past me on the steepest part of the mountain! Yet, I am addicted to bikes even though I do not deserve to be on them. I live and breathe them. I wish I could buy any bike I wanted, build it up, then ride it as often, as little, or not at all.

Anyway, I digress.

I am itching to buy a new frame. There is no reason to buy it. I have plenty of bikes. But, remember...my addiction? Anyway, even if I buy this frame, I have no intention of building it for maybe a year. I have always bought a frame and built it and ridden it. So, storing it for a year (until I can find parts slowly) seems so strange.

Anyone want to help an addict out? If you have stored frames for longer than a year, give me a holler. We can hang. Then maybe I can rationalize buying frame and storing it for a year.
Start building bikes for riding buddies and you’ll get the same enjoyment. As for going on climbs, just keep your own pace and don’t let it get to you. I swallow my pride when someone older than me passes me. Just remind yourself why you enjoy riding.