View Single Post
Old 05-01-2020, 11:17 AM
Deconditioned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarendon View Post
Has anyone managed to use a Campagnolo 12 speed chain with a quick link? And if not, what is your workaround for taking the chain off for proper cleaning?

From what I have been to glean from discussions on various sites (this may not all be correct):
- There doesn't seem to be a quick link that works for 12 speed - people report KMC, Wipperman, etc all catching on the sprockets in various ways
- Instead, you need to use Campy chain and split/rejoin this with joining pins every time if you want to take the chain off
- Campagnolo recommend splitting a 12 sp chain a maximum of 3 times before replacing

In other words, are we stuck with cleaning the chain on the bike? What about people who use wax?

Cheers
I've met/ridden with exactly zero people that wax chains. I don't get it. Seems like a supreme time suck...for some benefit that eludes me. Some people really love to tinker though. I'm not that guy.

Anyhow, I had SR12 early after it's release. Campy's joining method is moronic. I used, with less than zero issues, SRAM's 12 speed quick link.