View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3awak3n View Post
this is the great question. why doesnt he have tools and why did he not notice that the bike does not have quick release skewers?

its insane that there are some people out there ridding that don't even know how to change a tire (not your friend but some other people)
There are many folks who ride and don't know how to maintain and work on their bikes.
Not long ago I bought canti's from a seller. These canti's had carbon brake pads the seller wanted to keep. The seller contacted me and said he was not able to remove the pads ("they were pressed in") so he sent the canti's (would have told him how however he already sent them) with the pads. The other day while on a ride I met up with someone who was complaining about Sram due to his noisy rear der. I dropped behind him and I could clearly see his der was out of alignment. I adjusted it for him, he was surprised it was so easy and how quiet it was running.
I'm not saying this is a bad thing, not being able to work or know how your bike operates. However, its when folks (nothing to do with the OP) make negative comments regarding the performance of components or products not understood, installed improperly, neglected or not tuned correctly, well that's bad.

Last edited by Tony; 10-12-2017 at 12:05 PM.