View Single Post
Old 06-21-2005, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Road Rash!!! OT.

Well, I ended up with my first case of road rash for the season. It wasn't cycling related, but it's still ROAD RASH OK!!
I took my children to the local skate park. My son who is seven had been begging my to take him over there so he could try riding it. Ok, so I dig out my old Dog Town skate so I can show my kids ( & the locals) how us "Old Schoolers" can rip it up. Turns out we were the only ones there so that was helpful for working with C&A. After helping my kids for a while, dad decides to take a few runs of his own. Hey, I was doing pretty good, it was coming back to me. Pulled a few axle grinds on the artificial coping and pulled off a few one wheelers & tail taps. Then I lost it at the top and had to bail out. As my feet hit the ramp, one lands on the ramp, the other on my board (which is rolling down the ramp). Of course the board shoots out from underneath me and I'm flying...(in slo-mo)"hey, look at the blue sky, it's so prett"...GRUNCH!!! I open my eyes and see my son and daughter standing over me, "are you ok dad? Are you bleeding?" "I'm ok, that's why you need to wear your helmet & pads. You never know when you might crash" (Hey, I had to turn it into a positive lesson). I was fine except for some road rash on my calf & a sore back. I spent the rest of the time hobbling around and helping my youngsters with the basics of safe riding. Towards the end a teen shows up and joins us. He's giving me looks like I probably would have when I was his age watching a "grown up" ripping around on a board. Too funny.

William