View Single Post
Old 04-15-2023, 10:16 PM

My real name is a secret.

I look like a dog, so much so my dog identifies with me!

I live in NE Indiana

My handle is such because it has something to do with my secret, only one person has ever figured out what it meant since I've used that handle on many forums for more than 20 years, but as time has gone by others have taken that handle so a few forums have a different one.

I'm in my late 60s

My past occupation was my main one, it too is a secret, I'm currently semi-retired, and work as a landlord, but I don't work terribly hard at it.

Favorite bike? geez, I like all my bikes, but if I had to choose one out of all of them I would have to select the Masi Giromondo 700c even though I have another bike that cost 3 times as much, because I can go anywhere with it, and take my camping gear, something I can't do on any of my other bikes because they're all exclusively road bikes.

Stable wise, starting with the oldest bike, 77 Raleigh Competition GS which now has all Campy Nuovo Record stuff instead of the original Gran Sport, and replaced the original brakes with Campy; 84 Trek 660 bought as a frame and fork had all Suntour Superbe stuff put on; 84 Fuji Club, took off the crappy Suntour ARX and put on Suntour Superbe derailleurs; 84 Schwinn Voyageur with Shimano Deerhead; 85 Schwinn Le Tour Luxe with Suntour Montech, but that one has a bent fork from an accident, I'm still looking for a matching fork; 85 Miyata 512 my grandson rides; 87 Giant Rincon, piece of crap, only keeping it for the grandkids to ride; 88 Dawes found in dumpster missing a lot of stuff, if I can't find the fork for the Schwinn most of the components from it will go to the Dawes; 12 Giant kids bike; 13 Lynskey Peloton with Shimano Ultegra rear and 105 front, and an Enve 2.0 fork; and the 19 Masi Giromondo with Shimano Deore; 21 Trek Verve+ that my wife rides. I had 2 other different Miyata's, a Team, and a 712, but sold them all to a collector; also had a 07 Mercian Vincitore but that thing was so beautiful I couldn't ride it without fear of scratching it so I sold it because it drove me crazy.

The fastest speed that I know of was coming down Tram Way in Palm Springs California, and reached 62 mph on the 84 Trek.

Last year I put in only about 5,000 miles, now that I'm semi-retired I hope to put in about 8,000.

I'm married, have 2 adult children, and 3 grand children.

The biggest lie I've ever told...that's a secret too.

I really love bike camping and touring which I plan on doing more of. I also like to hunt and fish, and listen to my music loud in the house, which bothers my wife so I only get to do it once a week! LOL!! The other thing I love to do is sliding my car around these new roundabouts they've put in, so sometimes I go out late at night so I can do that without traffic slowing me down, I go around a couple of times and then leave the area before cops get there. I'm a crazy old man, but the way I see it, God gave us toys to play with while we're on Earth, and I intend on playing with as many of those toys as I can afford for as long as I can.

Last edited by froze; 04-15-2023 at 10:22 PM.