View Single Post
Old 10-04-2009, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ti Designs
I also find that people on this forum talk about ride quality far more than the fast guys on the street.
I agree and I'm one of them and I think there's a legit reason for that. I'm not a fast guy on the street. Most of my rides are solo meandering rides at a comfortable pace. I don't push myself a lot on these rides except for limited periods on certain hills. I'm pretty sensitive to ride quality and the subtle differences between bikes. But every now and then I find myself on a group ride that forces me to push a good deal harder than normal. In those cases, I just ride the he'll out of whatever I'm on and I couldn't tell you ANYTHING about the specifics of the bike or how it rode or handled. I'm just hanging on for dear life. It's a completely different experience. If I rode like that a lot, you could probably put me on any frame that was even in the ball-park fit and handling wise, and I'd be perfectly happy. But on my more typical rides, I'm a picky SOB and if it doesn't feel right, I notice it.

I don't think it's a character defect, just a difference in approach.

-Ray