View Single Post
Old 09-08-2016, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
I like to have relatively low powered lights on my helmet during winter months. I have stronger head and tail lights on my bike, but I think having a non-blinding light at greater height that moves around helps draw attention.

The problem is that many helmets don't have venting slots or a rear strap that accommodate this, or they cost a ton of money. I have a Giro Indicator that fits well and offers the same breathability and protection as an expensive helmet, but there's not a good way to put a rear light on it. I'm not willing to spend over $100 just for this feature and am hoping that someone here might have some advice.

Winter is coming.
You're absolutely right; having a separate taillight at or near head height helps define the size of the object a car is approaching. A single taillight tells the driver nothing about the size or shape of what they see.

I'd even consider a WHITE flashing taillight in addition to a red light. That would get peoples' attention.

For sure, the problem is the lack of choice for helmet mounted flashers or helmets designed to accommodate a typical flashing taillight.