View Single Post
Old 12-12-2004, 01:32 AM
M_A_Martin

* real name, if you like: Mary Ann...and "Ginger" if you don't like that.

* where do you live? Ferndale, MI. For those of you who don't want to mapquest just think of it as "somewhere in the greater metropolitan Detroit area", and about a mile away from 8 mile...no...I haven't seen the movie.

* explanation of your handle: M. SPACE A. hmmmm, both initials and nickname...I'm not your mom so don't call me "ma". I never pretend, but since I'm posting here people who haven't been around the board for a while think I'm a guy...imagine that!

* explanation of your avatar: My beloved CSI. I don't own it anymore, but I did love it.

* age (general or specific): 40 (specific enough? My birthday was November 17th, did you call? did you send me a present? No!!!? What kind of friend are you?)

* occupation: Technical Writer - Marketing. Some would call that a copywriter but I write original stuff...human resources can't make the leap.

* favorite bike: My beautiful Kirk Terraplane!

* what's in your stable? Kirk Terraplane, Bianchi EV2, Bianchi Eros, Fat Chance Yo Eddy, Bridgestone X-04, Schwinn Continental (mint green cruiser) and a cute little Bianchi folding bike. Hmmmm...I'm happy to say that I've rehomed some bikes. Anyone interested in the EV2? RA...I'm cutting down...there used to be 9 on the list...

* fastest speed on a road bike? where? when? 115 or so, I-275, 1997? I was just cruising along by myself on a beautiful summer night at 3am and realized I was going stupid fast...OH you mean on a road bike with pedals! Solo bike: 52.5 mph on a curvy descent in northern Michigan (those are pedals, not foot rests!) Tandem: 55, similar area. On the flats solo? I could stick at 28mph (NOT average...) fairly consistantly in September of 2000.

* how many miles ON THE ROAD on a road bike last year? 1780

* picture of yourself or your ride? At the bottom of the post...I thought it was neat that the park service painted a sign to match. How thoughtful!

* make up and answer at least one additional question. 5

* what is the biggest lie you've ever told: "I can't ride, but I think I can walk." (This fall when crashed my Yo Eddy and tore my MCL/LCL/ACL and meniscus...I should have insisted on a rescue squad to come and carry me out)

* and, something fun: What I did for entertainment *last* year while recovering from knee surgery...an old schwin, 700 lights, and lots of tape, a few zip ties, and viola! A holiday decoration! (How many of you remembered to pick up an old bike to do this to this year?)

Last edited by M_A_Martin; 12-12-2004 at 09:35 AM.