View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007, 05:10 AM
Kevan's Rose

Quote:
Originally Posted by William
What is it about fillet brazed bikes that I find so sexy?

Is it the smooth, silky, seamless junctions where the tubes intersect that allow that beautiful, lustrous paint to just flow with uninterrupted abandon?

Is it the hidden strength that underlies that smooth flow that gives me peace of mind to stomp full force into the pedal stroke with no worries?

Maybe it's the fact that just about every builder I talk to steers me in that direction due to height, weight, and strength issues?

The Serotta Skunkbirds 1 & 2, and the Zanc Effin Cross Bike are fillet brazed.....and I love em.

Any fillet lovers besides me here?

Shout out your love!

William
I love you William! Oops. Sorry. I got carried away for a moment. Actually, I think it is your first choice- "...the smooth, silky, seamless junctions where the tubes intersect that....". You really said it beautifully. I had considered purchasing a Kirk non-Terraplane bike. Lugs or fillet brazed woud have been a tough choice. I loved the lugs in my CSI, but a fillet brazed Kirk with its Joe Bell paint would be beautiful enough to hang on a wall. The "smooth,silky, seamless junctions, are what really makes a well done filley brazed bike look so beautiful.

I really wished that the Coeur D' Acier in all steel that I ordered could hve been ordered either with lugs or fillet brazed. I do think that Serotta does a very nice job with its tig welding though.

Those Zanc bikes really are beautifully done, aren't they?

Smooth Silky Seamless Senseless Serotta Sandy