View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unterhausen View Post
If a machine shop did this and charged for design, they really should charge you enough that it would be cheaper to have the fittings replaced with an S&S. And I am not convinced you want to have a set machined. It's a part that is subject to fatigue failure, so unless you have experience designing for fatigue, you will probably be worse off than using the ritchey part. I suggest buying spares and swapping them out more frequently.

I am not sure it's a standard flange, but the thing you want is very similar to a "sanitary flange clamp" I have always assumed that Ritchey was reselling someone's sanitary flange fittings, could be wrong.

I forgot what search term I used at mcmaster. They call it a "quick clamp," but you have to sort through the fittings.

There are high pressure bolted sanitary flange clamps available. Really comes down to the shape of the flanges on the ritchey. I was considering making a bike with a sanitary flange, but S&S agreed to sell me a set of their parts for personal use and I gave up on the idea.

Eta: saying it's a "small job" immediately raises red flags at any machine shop (see also, "should be easy for you"). They want a fully dimensioned and toleranced drawing, then they will tell you if it's a small job or not.
+100
If I had a dollar every time someone say's it is a small job and then I tell them the price and they are dumbfounded/pissed, I would be rich.

Managed a Fab/Machine/Rigging shop for years.

Tri-clover is the sanitary fitting/clamp.