View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino Suegiù View Post
Well then, also again, I do not feel that any "philanthropic pursuits" or "greater good" arguments can or should be justified by inferior service and/or quality, or that physical quality and service be made sacrificial, subservient aspects of the metaphysical id card. They should be at least independent branches, one hopes, but more important both expressions of a single, congruent philosophy. This does not seem to be quite the case here, and there really shouldn't be a "but/either/or" as any part of it, imo.

Patagonia (as I stated above from my own experiences) has equally or arguably more beneficial philanthropic programs AND a better, more humane, customer service program. I would bet that other companies do as well.

And, yes, in fact I personally would prefer that Rapha take care of tv_vt and others better, first and as policy, and not simply abandon him/them on the "greater good" battlefield and so not do anything to reinforce and retain the relationship (especially a loyal, long-term, repeat customer) while simultaneously patting themselves/being patted on the back for being somehow so very altruistic. Pretty ironic....

But enough; Rapha "discussions" are far too often like this, and quickly become too tedious, so to each their own really.

Good luck, op. /
Little of Patagonia clothing is used for performance activities. In other words, Their clothes are not being stressed too much draped on the dude going to get coffee. That’s why they have a great warranty and can afford to have a great warranty (there is a case study about this in some academic journal as I recall). When Patagonia has clothing exclusively used for performance they hedge their warranty. Case in point, look at the warranty policy for their wetsuits (you don’t wear wetsuits to get coffee).

Rapha clothing almost exclusively is used in performance activities. That’s why they are probably backtracking on their warranty. 18 months is a long time to get a replacement on something like a bib.

If the OP is looking for a high quality durable brand bib. Checkout Q365. Their bibs last forever.