View Single Post
Old 12-05-2019, 02:27 PM

Crazy 8 Ball says

Fujifilm X-T3. I'm fortunate enough to own the Oly and the Fuji (as well as the Nikon Z6). I like the Oly for travel. The MTF body and lenses are super small and light. The Nikon is my mac daddy for full frame landscape work and enlargements.

The Fuji is just...awesome. The dials for all major settings are right there in the top deck. No menu diving. The EVF is bright and sharp. The body is metal, WR and just light enough. The lenses are superb (though pricey compared to used Nikkors and new Olys). I love everything about this machine.

The Fuji film filters bring me back to the days of Velvia, Provia and Astia. For portraiture, the X-T3 is unmatched. The skin tones and sharpness are outstanding. The AF-eye tracking is better than Nikon (but not as good as my friend's Sony). With the excellent 35mm prime, it makes for a discrete street photography companion. With an UWA, it even makes decent landscapes.

The X-T3 is crop sensor and does not have IBIS. Neither have held me back or altered my photography. Uncompressed RAW images are recognized by most PP editors. The in-camera HDR algorithm is surprisingly good and easy to use...one trip of the shutter does it all. No need for tripods and multiple exposures.

I hope my opinions are helpful to you. Good luck.