View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 07:38 AM
Proud Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1425 View Post
David Millar had another great bike throw after getting mechanical-ed out of a possible giro stage 5 win in '08. Snapped chain at 1K to go. Dura ace. Nobody went crying about garbage Shimano stuff after that happened. Mechanicals at bad times happen. It sucks but it happens.

Further, I'd put $20 on the rider dissatisfaction being that they don't like 1X for road applications (which I think is reasonable IMO, but is a different issue than the "lab rat" with unproven tech) not that it doesn't function how it should. 1X has been pretty well sussed out in applications far more likely to cause a function problem than road.
There was a LOT of 'shimano is garbage' comments after that episode. With Riis and how he couldn't get into his pedal(LOOK) also..

NOT the impression I got from this.
Quote:
Cyclingnews understands the bikes have been unpopular amongst the Aqua Blue Sport riders since their implementation,
Quote:
Just want to say what a privilege it was to be behind @MarkChristian8 today @tds so so strong., only to be dropped by mechanical no 4698 this season... This lab rat thing is now costing results
Mechanical 'number' 4698

And I don't really understand how a frameset 'design' would contribute to all sorts of mechanicals with this 1by system(or any system for that matter)..assuming all had the same clutch rear ders and narrow-wide chainrings...what about a frameset design would contribute to mechanicals?

Last edited by oldpotatoe; 06-16-2018 at 07:40 AM.