Thread: Reflections
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2018, 06:00 AM

Thanks for the comments, always appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
velo pal, thanks for doing this, I will fly over and join you tomorrow if I can.

are you thinking more or less the same time frame next year (September)?
More or less, I rather like September myself because it's after the summer season and the crowds, temps are warm to hot, weather as a rule gorgeous, prices lower, flights over less expensive also, thus for sure something planned for September. But with the realization that due to considerations like family and work obligations July and August work better for many, I'll probably plan something for August. I'd also like to do one in June when the flowers are out and the greens are intense but on the other hand can still be snow up high so something planned accordingly. June is also still off-season so flights and prices in general are lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhespenheide View Post
Holy {expletive deleted}, would I love to join you on one of these. But my wife, who speaks French infinitely better than me, would want to come over, and we're trying to have a child, so I don't see that happening any time soon...
Actually (even though this won't change what's happening in your life) the tours I have in mind actually work for someone with a, what word shall I use, partner, yea, that works, with a partner who doesn't ride but loves to hike. Hiking options are enormous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylercheung View Post
you may have posted this already, but what type of bike did you ride? (assume capable of bigger tires?)
Even though Choke already very nicely replied to your question, here are some more recent shots of my StonerBike. And definitely fatter tires, currently running 700x37 Schwalbe G One Allrounds. In order of appearance the shots are on : climb to Signal de Bissane, road to Plateau d'Emparis, Colle delle Finestre, trail near my house, summit of Ventoux, in the climb up Ventoux (by the gravel road).

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXtwindad View Post
Hey VeloT
Any thoughts on Colle Fauniera or Monte Saccarello? Two at the top of my list ...
They're both in a region I've been wanting to explore for a long time. Doing so requires a good bit of time as there are a whole slew of wonderful roads. So far haven't had the time but that may change next year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg StonerBike 1.jpg (155.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg StonerBike 2.jpg (143.1 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg StonerBike 3.jpg (149.3 KB, 94 views)
File Type: jpg StonerBike 4.jpg (151.9 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg StonerBike 5.jpg (147.2 KB, 93 views)
File Type: jpg StonerBike 6.jpg (153.4 KB, 93 views)