View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by makoti View Post
Two weeks ago, I had a great ride with friends. 40 miles, a little cold but easy, social pacing for the most part. Coffee (them. Lemonade for me) after. Very pleasant. Three hours later, My lower back was screaming. Couldn't lift my arms. Hit the tennis ball & roller. Things got loose, Sunday & Monday, rode inside. Not bad. Stiff, but ok.
Monday night... I began to get stabbing pains in my thigh, right side. Soon, I couldn't stand for more than a few minutes, but I could sit & sleep fine. Over the next week, it centered on that thigh area, stabbing pain became almost constant. To the Dr, but only rated a PA, got an Xray & meds. Just got an MRI that shows some decent, though "mild" bulging discs.
I've had 5 acupuncture treatments (likely with Dry Needling, which I'm told use larger needles. Hurts), two massages, and a PT appt, given lots of stretches to do all day long. My range of motion favors bending forward, luckily. All of this seems to have helped. I can walk again, with a much more mild ache, most times. I'm told I have classic L2-3 sciatic pain patterns. Wonderful.
Any one go through this? How long did you stay off the bike? Any other helpful, NON-Surgical treatments to consider?
I've been in pain for a total of 12 days, now, and I have a new found empathy for anyone suffering from chronic pain.
I am in your current situation - now, for about a week. I've had this recurring every couple of years - the last was 6-7 years ago and was very long-lived at the time. This time, I think/hope I'll be out of it within weeks. I started with ice for a few days and then heat coupled with time on an inversion table which definitely helps. Read up on Makenzie's book(s). GL with your situation.