View Single Post
Old 01-02-2019, 06:44 PM

Any biz that goes online and asks for a handout is f'd, regardless of how many people like it or not.

It's a bummer to watch unfold, just like it was with Serotta.

Sounds like Riv/GP helped invent or foster the creation of the "gravel" bike category via 650b? If so, that's amazing. Never knew that. But the 800lb gorillas are circling that product wagon for sure, along with plenty of other participants.

I never heard of Rivendell or GP before this thread so it's at least generated some eyeballs to their site. Clicks add value. If there's ultimately something there that interests me, I'd be happy to buy it. And I've read a bunch of blog entries

I hope for the employees sake the owner knows when to get outta the way so the biz can continue. That pet project of bar end shifters sucking up precious capital and time, well....that doesn't sound too brilliant in this day and age. Especially when GP says (via the blog) he's gonna get em done come hell or high water and doesn't care if people buy em. But then he goes out asking for money to support the biz? Uhhh....something's not fully aligned there, the messaging is completely at odds as well as being in the public domain.

Just because they've survived thus far doesn't mean future success is assured. There's a lot of smart people on this forum who help businesses realize they're walking dead, but the leader just denies it.

Witness, again, what happened to Serotta.