View Single Post
Old 01-31-2023, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OtayBW View Post
I went in for a physical a ~month ago. Dr. does an EKG and tells me that I had a heart attack recently. WHAAAT the? She orders up a conventional stress test at their companion clinic which was performed in <10 minutes and during which I never got above a heart rate that gave me an easy 'conversational' stress level. Second Dr. says that I did not have a heart attack.

The problem is that I have had issues in the past that occur above max HR/anaerobic and they didn't get anywhere near that despite my debriefing them of that situation. I believe I need to switch providers....
I too get some heart pain when going all out. I did a dress test a while back and they cut that early before I really got maxed out. But last year I did a stress echo and they let me go till I was about to pass out. They didn’t see anything which I guess is good and some peace of mind. I made sure that it was clear with my doctor and the stress echo team that there was only any point in it if I could max out. Luckily everyone was on board. That was in Umass in Worcester.