View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 10:13 PM

Used to be an ASSOS guy.. Now I'm a Q guy .. Have a lot of their kit from base layers to jerseys to the L1 vest to gloves (short/summer & long/winter) to knee & arm warmers and 2 pairs of Miles bibs .. Didn't care too much for the Dottore or Salopette (sold one here on PL & the other went on Flea bay)

Love the fit, finish and quality of the gear ... It is above ASSOS considering Luigi (founder of Q) was the ASSOS R&D guy for 20+ years until he decided to "do his own thing"
Chad's place (Above Catergory) is the US distributor and importer.
You can also buy direct from Q. https://www.q36-5.com/content/en-1/home-q36-5.html
At checkout they remove the VAT and if you order over $250 euro, they will DHL ship for FREE. Took me 3 days to get my order. If you order less, its $12 euro for regular mail and that can take approx. 10 days .. and I'm on the West Coast
Take the plunge and spend the $$ . You wont be disappointed.

But to really answer the OP question ... I never wore the L1 or Dottore so I can't comment but I have a riding buddy who did say he noticed some "sound" when he moved around in the saddle and he equated this to the material used in the higher dollar shorts (L1/Dottore) as opposed to the Miles.

Last edited by kitsnob; 03-07-2017 at 10:17 PM.