Thread: The EPA got one
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2022, 01:36 PM

Why some states do not inspect or test pickup trucks is crazy.

Or worse, exempt them from certain safety regulations. My 6.7 has never been inspected. Why? There is no inspection requirement for pickups like that. Crazy if you ask me. They don't test car's brakes, lights, or any safety equipment. They don't even sniff the tailpipe for emissions. In NJ, they connect to the OMBii and read codes That is all. On my land cruiser, it will once in a while throw a right rear speed sensor code in the rain and light up the dash. The parts have been replaced, it is perplexing. So, it throws the code waiting in line. I figured I'd fail. Guy checking for emission codes was more interested in buying the truck from me if I ever wanted to sell it. Said the warning lights don't matter. That makes no sense to me. When the speed sensor throws a code, the ABS and vehicle stability systems are gone meaning it is just like an old school vehicle, maybe not really a safety issues but not even checking brakes on an inspection? The code goes away and all is fine. Maddening but it is an old thing.