View Single Post
Old 07-01-2016, 04:48 PM

Cervelo S2 stolen fron Cambridge Tour de Grand

Posted on Facebook by the Speed River Bicycle Shop up here in Guelph ON. Suspect and bike are pictured below.

====================================

Recognize this bike thief? Read the account below and share as much as you can! Bike was stolen from the Tour de Grand, read the account and check out the pics.

"We signed up for the 160K and have to say at the end I was soooo exhausted as the wind was wicked that day.

When we finished in Churchill Park we were desperate for food and had parked the car at a lot a long way from the Duncan McIntosh Community Center - where the after race food was provided. Lots of bikes were lined up all along the building outside so I put my bike with others against the side of the building. Went in for about 30 minutes to eat with the group. Came out and the bike was goneā€¦.we hunted around checked parking lots etc but no sign.

Noticed there were camera's outside and inside the building. Talked to race organizers (who had never had one bike reported stolen in 20 years) and the building superintendent came and viewed the video with Cam and I. They had an outside camera that clearly showed this guy walking back and forth looking at the bikes, then go in the building (found him then on the indoor camera using the bathroom). He then exited the building grabbed the bike really fast and walked away with it.

We called the police, they came to view the video but unfortunately have no way to ID the guy. They have all the video footage from the city and provided me with these two close up shots of the guy inside the building just prior to the theft.

Sorry this is so long winded, hope you can parse it down to something useful. The bike was a Cervelo S2 2014 with 105 Components, Garmin 800, Shimano 500 wheels and the saddle was switched out to a white Specialized Toupe."

Hopefully the power of the bike community will turn something up!

https://www.facebook.com/speedriverbicycle/?pnref=story
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Speed River 1.JPG (47.4 KB, 181 views)
File Type: jpg Speed River 2.jpg (121.4 KB, 182 views)