View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weisan View Post
How was the bike transported to the event?

On a plane? In a bag?
On a car, bike rack?

Any chance that the bike sustained some kind of damage during transit?

Did you look at the chain? Anything amiss?

Direct some of your energy to doing some investigative work on the bike, come up with some plausible explanations...none of us here can do a better job than you can because you have the bike right in front of you.
Spot washed and lubed the chain the night before. I live in Denver so it was transported on my 1up rack to the event. The bike is at Excel, so I'm left pictures and a tear in my eye at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKeller View Post
Damn that sux!!
Sorry for your loss crossjunkie!!

Initial thoughts running through my head say it may have been the low limit adjustment not set right...maybe a slight bump on the road jarred the derailleur just enough so part of the cage could catch the edge of a spoke or maybe the chain pin wasn't put in fully and it eventually snagged the cage and then wrapped the derailleur.

I installed Record 12 on my ti bike. It wasn't difficult at all but I was pretty OCD about aligning the derailleur hanger, adjusting limit screws and pinning the chain correctly (I have a Park DAG tool and the Campy 11spd chain tool). I probably have near 1,200 miles on the gruppo and I love it!

Hope you can get some help getting this fixed. I would think Excel would work with you to get this fixed. If not, just go to Vecchio's in the future! great people, great shop and they know Campy!! (not that it is difficult but most other shops make it seem like alchemy and mysticism when working with Campy).
I was loving it too right before this little hiccup! It's getting harder and harder to find shops that work with Campy. Schwab is usually my go to for Campy, and I know Vecchio's is good too. Never had a problem like this before with Campy 9, 10, or 11 speed groups. It's usually installed, tuned and forgotten until I need a chain replaced!

I stepped out of my comfort zone on this purchase, but Excel has a very good reputation. It's a warehouse store and kinda strange to shop there, but they sell highend gear.