View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 11:46 AM
aka RAEKWON

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinvc View Post
I got "brake-checked" by a driver on my commute home a couple of days ago. I was stopped in line with a couple of cars in the left turn lane. When we got the green turn arrow, we all started to go. Immediately before entering the intersection, the car in front of me slammed on his brakes. Fortunately I was paying attention and was able to stop even though I was just a couple of feet behind him. He waited until the light turned yellow (about 4 seconds) then gunned it through the intersection. His whole goal was to make sure I didn't make it through the light. I just turned around to the driver of the car behind me and shrugged my shoulders. He smiled and did the same.

No harm done, but it was surprising. I have a very chill route and this was the first intentionally negative act by a motor vehicle driver that I've experienced since I switched to this route.
that interesting, he should know that all cyclists run red lights you will catch up with him quickly.

on a serious note, that is very stupid and just don't understand the hate in some peoples heart for the choice of transportation of others.