View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinconryder View Post
I’ve always liked the trek madone.
it'd have been perfect, if only they had made OEM classic round handlebars

while the later iterations allowed one to use different handlebars, Trek also made the rim brake version less aero...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLD 25 View Post
I just picked up a 2014(current generation until the new ones release soon) Felt AR4. What appealed to me about this one is how it was as aero as just about any other road bike, beating most, but also how it had a flipable seatpost to basically mimic a TT position. I like to do an occasional triathlon, and having this versatility was really appealing. I sold my TT bike and haven't looked back.

I feel like I could use this as my only bike with minimal compromise. It is about 16.5lbs with pedals and a powermeter, bottle cage, and garmin mount. It handles nicely, and climbs well. However, when I hop on my Supersix EVO, I am giggling within a couple pedal strokes. It may be a bit slower in the wind, but it has something that is difficult to describe.
Good luck in your hunting!
Out of curiosity, what size is your bike and what wheels and group are you using?

I have a Size 54 AR2 with 8050 Di2 and a 1700 g wheelset, and I can't get it to less than 16 lbs without some significant changes (wheels swapped for something 1475 g, with racing tires), Dura Ace cassette, and EE brake rear.

If yours is 16.5 pretty much stock, that's quite the feat